Advance wristband exchange will be happening on Wednesday, July 20th & Thursday, July 21st between 11:00AM and 7:00PM at the West Shore Parks and Recreation Fieldhouse located beside the Rock The Shores site in Colwood, BC.
If you are unable to pick up your wristband before the festival you can do so at the front gates starting at 10:30AM on each day of the festival.
WHAT IS RFID?
Radio frequency identification (RFID) is a term used to describe a system that allows information to be processed wirelessly and makes festivals run smoother.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
RFID is designed to enable scanners to capture data from wristbands and transmit it to a computer system. You can think of it as a wireless barcode.
WHAT DO I USE MY RFID WRISTBAND FOR?
- Getting into Rock The Shores. Pick-up in advance or at the gate.
- A Payment option for onsite purchases such as drinks, food, merchandise and anything else you may find at Rock The Shores.
**Wristbands attained for Rock The Shores and any money added to the wristband are only valid for the Rock The Shores
WHERE AND WHEN DO I PICK UP MY RFID WRISTBAND?
- BEFORE ROCK THE SHORES: Come to our Advance wristband pick-up location at The West Shore Parks & Rec Fieldhouse (Beside the Rock The Shores festival site) on Wednesday, July 20th from or Thursday, July 21st from 11:00AM – 7:00PM and bring your ticket. Remember to bring two pieces of ID (one photo) and a credit card if you wish to load your wristband with money. You will also be able to do this on site at the event.
- AT ROCK THE SHORES: Exchange your ticket for a wristband outside the front gates starting at 10:30AM each day of the festival. Remember to bring two pieces of ID!
ALL ABOUT ACTIVATION
WHY MUST I ACTIVATE MY WRISTBAND?
When you pick up your wristband you will want to activate it. Activating your wristband ensures it will work when you arrive at Rock The Shores. Also, if you happen to lose it, it’s the only way we can help you replace it!
HOW AND WHEN DO I ACTIVATE MY WRISTBAND?
Each wristband must be connected to a ticket. If you’re ahead of the game and have picked up your wristband before Rock The Shores, you’re good. If you aren’t able to pick up your wristband before the weekend, no sweat—you’ll be able to do it at the gates as you enter the festival.
IS ANY OF MY PRIVATE AND PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED ON THE RFID WRISTBAND?
There is NO information actually stored on your wristband. Your RFID wristband has a unique code on it, and that code is connected to information stored on a secure server.
WHAT IF MY WRISTBAND DOESN’T SCAN IN?
Please visit our customer service booth located near the main gates. There will be wristband technicians onsite who will be able to sort out any issues you may encounter. This situation is very unlikely, but in the event it does happen the process to restore your wristband is quick.
HOW SHOULD I PUT MY WRISTBAND ON?
Leave one index finger of space between your wrist and the wristband for a perfect fit.
WHAT IF I LOSE MY WRISTBAND? DON’T WORRY! WE HAVE YOU COVERED!
- IF YOU HAVE ALREADY ACTIVATED: Bring your ID to the wristband activation booth and we will cancel the old wristband and activate a new one for you.
- IF YOU HAVE NOT YET ACTIVATED: Just bring your ticket to Rock The Shores and you can trade it in. Wristbands can only be attached to a ticket once, and are useless without activation.
RULES OF THE WRISTBAND
- For your own protection, please do not purchase wristbands from any source other than our official ticket outlets. Fake or deactivated wristbands may look like the real thing but they will be identified by our scanning system at the front gates.
- Those in possession of fake wristbands – or ones reported lost or stolen – will not be admitted to the festival.
- Wristbands MUST be worn for entry into the festival.
- Wristbands MUST be worn securely on wrist and cannot be slipped off and on.
- Wristbands are NON-TRANSFERABLE and NON-EXCHANGEABLE
WHAT IS THE ONSITE PAYMENT PROCESS LIKE?
- You will visit your favourite beverage stand, food vendor, or merch stand, and scan your wristband at their payment terminal. These can be handheld, tablet, or dual screen.
- You will be asked to input your pre-determined 4-digit PIN number for security.
- You will walk away two beers, a taco or some new swag richer.
WHAT ARE MY PAYMENT OPTIONS FOR PUTTING MONEY ON MY WRISTBAND?
- CREDIT: Attach your credit card to your wristband to use it just like your card without the risk of losing it while dancing too hard. You can either set an unlimited budget or add a certain amount of value from your credit card.
- DEBIT: Add a certain amount of value onto your wristband using your debit card, just as you would with a credit card.
- CASH: You can only add value to your wristband using cash at a top up station onsite at Rock The Shores. Simply visit one of our top-up stations. There will be ATMs on-site if you need to get cash.
- Please remember, all purchases at Rock The Shores must be paid for with your wristband. This makes lines move faster and gives you more time to take in the music you love!
HOW DO I GET MY MONEY BACK IF I DIDN’T SPEND IT?
- Credit cards will be issued an automatic refund on the first business day following the event. The refund amount will be your leftover balance minus a $2 processing fee. Expect to see the funds back in your account within 3 – 5 business days.
- Cash and Debit refunds will be available free of charge at our top-up station prior to leaving the event.
- Setting up for “Bottomless Spending” via your credit card allows you to avoid ever needing a refund or reloading. Plus, you’ll make more friends.